The KCS is accepting new members in all sections for the 2022/23 season, subject to an audition. Some choral experience and the ability to follow a score will be considered an asset. Choristers are expected to attend all rehearsals and performances during the season, and to spend time working on repertoire between rehearsals.
What To Expect:
Auditions begin on Tuesday September 6. Prospective members will be asked to prepare a short selection of music chosen by the Artistic Director – please click the link below to view the passage for this year. Candidates will also be asked to vocalize exercises to show their range and pitch recognition.
Soprano / Alto / Bass: beginning to end of bar 43
Tenor: beginning to end of bar 33
- All members must be fully-vaccinated.
- Chorister safety is paramount, and the KCS will follow all Covid protocols as established by the provincial and municipal MOH, including the wearing of masks unless and until this restriction is lifted.
- The choir meets Tuesdays from 7:30 to 9:30 in the sanctuary at The Spire, to allow for distancing.
- The cost to sing with KCS is $290 annually, and all music is included in this amount.
- KCS has dress code for performances.
- KCS is a scent aware organization, and a safe inclusive space for all singers.
We respectfully acknowledge that rehearsals & performances take place on the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, Haudenosaunee, Huron and Wendat. We offer our gratitude to the First Nations for their care for, and teachings about, our earth and our relations. May we honour those teachings.
To learn more, or to request an audition spot, complete the form below.