The KCS is accepting new members in all sections for the 2021/2022 season, subject to an audition. Some choral experience and the ability to follow a score will be considered an asset. Choristers are expected to attend all rehearsals and performances during the season, and to spend time working on repertoire between rehearsals.
What To Expect:
Prospective members will be asked to prepare a short selection of music chosen by the Artistic Director, which will be forwarded to candidates in advance of their audition. Candidates will also be asked to vocalize exercises to show their range and pitch recognition.
- In 2021/22, there is an added requirement for all members to be fully-vaccinated. Singers will be asked to provide proof of vaccination upon registration.
- Chorister safety is paramount, and the KCS will follow all Covid protocols as established by the provincial and municipal MOH, including the wearing of masks unless and until this restriction is lifted.
- The choir meets Tuesdays from 7:30 to 9:30 in the sanctuary at The Spire, to allow for distancing.
- The cost to sing with KCS is $225 annually, and all music is included in this amount.
- KCS has dress code for performances.
- KCS is a scent aware organization, and a safe inclusive space for all singers.
Rehearsals take place on the traditional Anishinaabe and Haudenosaunee territory. We are grateful to be able to live, learn and play on these lands.
To learn more, or to request an audition spot, complete the form below.